The Easter weekend wouldn’t be the same without some chocolate nest cakes topped with mini eggs. If you want to make some for your friends and family, this recipe is so quick and simple, and is great fun to do with children.
Here’s what you’ll need:
225g chocolate broken into pieces (A cheap supermarket brand plain chocolate is fine but your favourite chocolate will also work a treat)
50g unsalted butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
36 mini chocolate eggs
Fairy cake/muffin tin
12 paper cake cases
- Line a 12 hole cake tin with paper cases
- Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup together in a bowl placed over a pan of gently simmering water. (Be careful the bowl doesn’t touch the water below)
- Remove from the heat and stir to make sure it’s smooth. Then, add the cornflakes and gently stir to coat in the chocolate mix.
- Spoon the mixture in to the cake cases and press 3 mini eggs in to the centre of each one to create a nest.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour before serving (or until completely set)
When you’re suffering from pain, it’s difficult to spend long amounts of time on your feet and in the kitchen, but this recipe can be finished and chilling in the fridge in under 20 minutes. And once they’re ready to eat, all you need is a warm mug of tea and a comfy sofa and you’re set for the day!